My thoughts and concerns in the political world

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Supermajority for the initiative!

Is anyone fed up with all the initiatives on our ballots? I am. I am so sick of the plebicite I am ready to write, sponsor and push an initiative to change the initiative process to require a super majority for all initiatives. Think about it. TABOR, Gallagher, Amendment 23, Homestead Act and others act in strange ways in our state's budget. Hello! We live in a "Representative Democracy," not a "Direct Democracy." Moreover, we should all be happy that we do not live a Direct Democracy because the Representative Democracy yields us time to spend on our daily lives without having to worry about the day-to-day specifics of government. We would have never needed a Referendum C had we have had a true Representative Democracy! Join me in supporting an initiative to limit the initiative to a supermajority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home